Last Updated: February 15, 2022
Information collected by our services and how the collected information is used?
- The information we gather from you enables us to (i) personalize and improve our Services, including but not limited to giving you other information, (ii) allow you to set up an account and profile that can be used to participate in our Services, (iii) provide you with information, updates, offers and other communications related to our Services, (iv) analyze and report on the results of the Services in an aggregate manner for the benefit of our partners and (v) support your use of the Services. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
- We may process personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like advertisers or connected sites. For example, we might use the fact you use a certain brand of blood glucose monitor to show you ads about other products available from that company, but we do not disclose your personally identifiable information.
We collect the following types of information from you:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter in connection with our Services or provide to us in an authorized way. The types of Personal Information that is collected may include your name, email address, password, phone number, IP address, credit card information, mailing address, gender, age, weight, height, photograph, health and well-being related information (including without limitation blood glucose monitor readings and other sensitive medical information), type of glucose meter you use, browser information, or any information related to other personal (including, without limitation, name, email address or phone number of other personal; those information will be provided by you through the Services, so that we will support to deliver messages, in the way of email or SMS, to the personal for operating full Services) . If you have purchased the hardware and are using it in connection with the Services, we will also collect the serial number of the hardware. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able register with us or take advantage of all of our Services offerings.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Services. We automatically receive and record information from your browser on our server logs, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you have requested.
- Generally, our Services automatically collects usage information such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Services, and its components, and how you interact with and use the Services. We only use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how you use parts of the Services so that we can make the Services useful for as many users as possible, and improve upon those Services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers use our site and Services.
- Medical devices (e.g. blood glucose meters) can be paired with your mobile device which enables data to be transferred to our WeHealth apps. It is mandatory for our WeHealth app to have location permissions in order to work with Bluetooth devices. Location permission is required for our WeHealth app to get BLE scan results.
- Health apps, like those by Apple and Android, and other connected services also enable data to be exchanged with our WeHealth apps. Synchronization only takes place if you activate this in the settings of our WeHealth apps, i.e., by using the function.
E-mail and Text Message Communications:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email or text message from us if your computer or cellular device supports this type of program. We use this confirmation to help us make our emails more interesting and helpful and to improve our Service. If you do not want to receive email, text messages, or other mail from us, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that if you have opted out of receiving email or other messages from us, we may still need to contact you via email, but only with regard to the status of your account (for example, to notify you when your subscription is about to expire); you cannot opt-out of these emails, unless you cancel your account entirely.
Cookies and Other Internet Tools
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive, through your browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Cookies tell us how and when pages in our Services are visited and by how many people. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through these cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or the identity of your screen name or email address.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technologies, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
Sharing of the information
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form only as described below.
Services users (including personal or party): We may share personal information to other Services users after you have agreed to set up connection with them when accessing certain or all Services.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and as a result, we may need to share your Personal Information with them to provide these Services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond.
Business Transfers/Corporate Transactions: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets, conduct merger or acquisition, joint venture or other corporate transactions. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if UMCH, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information is one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquiror of UMCH may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Links to other third party sites
Security of personal information
Your Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer, mobile device, and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect your Personal Information to ensure that it is kept private. However, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your information at any time.
Access, changes, or deactivation of personal information
Our Services aim to provide you with access to the personal information you submit and the means to update it. If you wish to access, inquiry, review, amend, correct, suppress or request a copy of or delete Personal Information about you or request tat we cease collecting, processing or using it as permitted by applicable, you should log into our Services or contact us using the contact information below. Under certain circumstances, we may ask you to verify your identity before your request is processed. This will be done free of charge except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
If you desire to deactivate your account please contact us using the contact information below. Upon your request, your account will be deactivated and your Personal Information and Records will be securely archived. We retain archived information for a period of five years (or longer if required by law) as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements and other authorized uses under this Policy. Further, we will retain the aggregated, non-personally identifiable information and data, which may be generated from or based on the information relevant to your account, even after you deactivate or terminate your account.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at [email protected].